Saturday, November 5, 2011

Travels.... and settling in.

First of all, as I said in the previous post... LA was amazing, and I can't wait to go back for a longer period of time. Below is a pic I took before I left the airport. It looks like some sort of space station... lol. Which I guess... in a way LAX kind of is... 


I traveled from LAX 13 hours to Auckland, New Zealand, which was really awesome. The flight was long, and I had an 8 hour layover there, but I met some really cool people, and the airport was really clean and nice! 
I mean.... they even tell you not to spit in the trash cans! ha. From NZ It was another 4 hour flight to Melbourne. Definitely a lot of time travel. Started out, going from VT to Chicago... back one hour, then Chicago to LA, back 2 hours... then LA to NZ which was forward......19? 21? something like that.... and then back another 2 hours. phew. From LA through to Melbourne, I flew Air New Zealand, which I, seriously, highly recommend..... seats were comfy, airline staff was friendly, and it was relatively cheap, compared to my other options, especially booking on such short notice! Oh and the food was great too.... of course I ordered the vegan option in advance, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but it was really decent! 

Settling in has kind of been rough, I haven't really felt the greatest, the time change is killer... but It's been nice just relaxing here. 
My hobbit hole enterance/ally way =) 


Tram stop, with the shop in the background...



oh, and seriously? I was worried about not being able to bring my purses from home..... There's a Salvation Army across the street, filled with brand new stuff! 


I know this is a bad pic... but I have to say that I was prettttttty excited when I ran across the Aussie version of Big Buck Hunter =) If you've hung out with me at all in Burlington that you would understand haha! 

So it's been a pretty awesome first few days...... minus the constant daytime headache. I set up an Australian bank account, and a phone plan! now........ mission for monday is to find a job!!! =) 


No comments:

Post a Comment